Friday, April 1, 2016

Addendum to Relief Society Birthday

Here are more pictures of the Sister Temple Missionaries trip to the Red Brick Store 
where the 1st Relief Society was organized March 17, 1842. 
Elder Gammell is the official unofficial photographer; he took these. 
Well, he took more than these, lots more than these but I have edited them down 
from a hundred to just a handful.

We loaded up the wagons at the Visitor's Center.  The wagon rides are so fun! 
Aren't we so cute all dressed up?!



It was really an enjoyable experience.  A little chilly, but it was a clear sunny day.


Here we are in front of the Red Brick Store.


This is the inside of the store, and my backside!






 Sister McArthur
President McArthur

"I now turn the key to you in the name of God, and this society shall rejoice and 
knowledge and intelligence shall flow down from this time--this is the beginning of
 better days to this society." --Joseph Smith

"I desire the Spirit of God to know and understand myself, that I might be able to 
overcome whatever of tradition or nature that would not tend to my exaltation in the eternal worlds. 
 I desire a fruitful, active mind, that I may be able to comprehend the designs of God, 
when revealed through His servants without doubting." --Emma Hale Smith

"We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another and gain instruction, that we may all sit down in heaven together." --Lucy Mack Smith
President and Sister McArthur



                                                               


                                                                           



Sisters Hansen, Fellows, Massey, Ludwig, Shaw, Davenport, Simons, Williams, Hendricks, Droste, and Gammell.
 Sister Thompson :)